Let’s talk about the causes why the plate is not spinning in the microwave.
If the plate is not spinning in your microwave oven – call us. Experts from Optimus Appliance & HVAC Inc. offer household appliance service in the fastest time possible. We arrive to the place of the breakdown on the day of your request and do all necessary diagnostics, microwave repair and service. Our company works with most of global refrigerator manufacturers, so we have access to a large base of theoretical and practical knowledge, as well as necessary original spare parts and tools for effective repair. We work Monday through Saturday in San Diego and its suburbs.
The tray of microwave ovens performs an important function — it turns the plate with food so that it heats up evenly. If this function does not work, then the food is heated or cooked only from two sides. There are many reasons why the plate does not spin in the microwave.
So, if the plate has stopped rotating, then you can use the microwave, but it is unlikely that the food is evenly heated. Because it will be statically in one place. Many people are not satisfied with this work of the equipment. Therefore, you need to know why the plate is not spinning.
Inattention of users
Probably, the plate is not spinning for some minor reason. Inspect the equipment, paying attention to such nuances:
- The dishes in the chamber are excessively large. In contact with the walls, it does not allow the plate to spin. Therefore, the pallet on wheels is completely blocked or rotation occurs in jerks.
- A large volume of products is placed on the plate, and the electric motor simply cannot rotate under this weight. It is required to remove part of the food placed in the oven, and it will work again.
- Products have fallen out of the container that is in the chamber, and they do not allow the pallet to rotate. Even a small crumb, which is clogged in the wheel, is the reason for stopping the mechanism. Incorrectly selected product sizes can also block the plate. For example, if a very large chicken is thawed, otherwise it can touch the walls of the case. So, the rotation turns out to be intermittent.
- The microwave oven is very dirty. There is serious contamination on the moving parts, this is the reason why the pallet does not rotate. Clean the equipment and it will start working again.
- Probably, after cleaning the rotating pallet, it was incorrectly put in place. If the crests of the plate do not hit the grooves, then it will not move. To fix this, it is only necessary to correct the design.
Technical malfunctions include:
It is difficult to fix these breakdowns yourself. In this case, it is recommended to contact the specialists of our company Optimus Appliance & HVAC Inc..
- Failure of the electric motor shaft coupling. You can fix the trouble only by replacing the part.
- The gear of the gearbox was erased. To get rid of this problem, it is also necessary to change this element.
- Violation of contacts.
- There were breakdowns in the winding of the electric motor. For diagnosis, it is advisable to contact our specialists. The breakdown is corrected in several ways: either by winding a new winding, or by completely replacing the engine.
- Failure of the microwave motor.
There are many more malfunctions that can occur in your microwave oven! But you should know that you cannot eliminate them yourself. It is necessary to immediately call a specialist of our company and we will help you!
Why should you call Optimus Appliance & HVAC Inc.?
If during the inspection you find a malfunction of the microwave or other serious breakdown, you should contact our specialists.
We are a licensed repair service for appliances for many global manufacturers. This is why we come to you with the necessary parts and tools to do a fast and quality repair. We arrive at your place on the requested day and repair your appliance on the same day. Entrust your microwave to professionals and call us at +1(858)225-1715.