Let’s talk about the causes why the washing machine doesn’t heat the water.
If the washing machine does not heat the water– call us. Experts from Optimus Appliance & HVAC Inc. offer household appliance service in the fastest time possible. We arrive to the place of the breakdown on the day of your request and do all necessary diagnostics, washing machine repair and service. Our company works with most of global refrigerator manufacturers, so we have access to a large base of theoretical and practical knowledge, as well as necessary original spare parts and tools for effective repair. We work Monday through Saturday in San Diego and its suburbs.
Heating the water to the required temperature is necessary for normal laundry. If the washing machine does not heat the water, then the quality of washing decreases. For this reason, it is necessary to monitor how much water is heated during the execution of programs.
How to understand that the washing machine does not heat the water?
Some people check the temperature of the laundry at the moment when the washing is finished. And of course, the underwear will feel cold to the touch. But this does not mean that the machine is faulty. After all, shortly before the end of the washing process, rinsing occurs, in which cold water is involved. Therefore, this method of verification is not correct.
We recommend checking the temperature of the hatch during the first half hour of operation of the machine. If during this time the hatch remains cold, then there is a malfunction on the face!
There are cases when the washing cycle occurs from the beginning to the end, but the water does not heat up. In this case, you may notice that the laundry has not been washed or smells bad!
- The heating element broke down
The malfunction of the heating element is the very first reason for the lack of water heating, which usually comes to mind. And it comes right, because this reason is the most frequent! It is easy to check with a multimeter installed in the resistance measurement mode. Zero is a short circuit, infinity is an open circuit (an indicator in ohms equal to the voltage squared divided by the mains voltage is the norm). If a breakdown is detected, a new heating element is needed. If it is enough for you to remove the back panel to access the heater, you can handle the task yourself. And if the model requires almost complete disassembly of the machine for replacement, it is preferable to call us and we will come to you on the same day and fix the problem.
- Scale on the heating element
It happens that the washing machine seems to heat the water, but for a very long time. And the preset washing mode, which should end in half an hour, stretches for all one and a half. Simply put, during the time allotted by the program, the washing machine does not heat the water. The reason may be scale on the heating element. In this case, you can try to descale the washing machine using one of the popular methods – for example, citric acid or some special detergent for washing machines. It should help!
- The thermostat broke down The thermostat controls the water heating temperature. And in the latest models of technology, in the event of a thermostat failure, the control module does not give a command to heat up in order to avoid overheating. In simpler models, water with a broken thermostat can heat up almost to a boil and disable the heating element. That is, if the thermostat is broken, it needs to be changed. If you have experience in disassembling and assembling equipment, then you can independently study the technical documentation, the location of the thermostat and replace it on your own. If not, contact customer service.
- The electronic module broke down
And the lack of heating is also possible due to the breakdown of the control module – the electronic brain of the washing machine. Then this brain can neither receive information from the nodes and mechanisms of the washing machine, nor process them, nor give commands for further action. Including water heating. Usually in this case, replacement of the electronic module is required.
- Incorrect connection It happens that everything is fine in the washing machine, and it does not heat the water because it was not properly connected to the network. But you will find this already at the first wash, as soon as you install and connect the newly purchased washing machine at your discretion. Then the water simply goes into the sewer even before it heats up to the set temperature. That is why buyers are not advised to save on connection services offered by all reputable salons for the sale of household appliances. Our company’s experts will carry out accurate diagnostics and quality repair in any of those cases and for any breakdown complexity. You shouldn’t try repairing it on your own.
Why should you call Optimus Appliance & HVAC Inc.?
We are a licensed repair service for appliances for many global manufacturers. This is why we come to you with the necessary parts and tools to do a fast and quality repair. We arrive at your place on the requested day and repair your appliance on the very same day. Entrust your washing machine to professionals and call us at +1(858)225-1715.