Let’s talk about the reasons why the microwave does not heat food.
Simple reasons why the microwave has stopped warming
A common problem: the microwave makes a sound, the tray rotates, the camera backlight may be working, but there is no heating. In this article, the specialists of Optimus Appliance & HVAC Inc. will tell you what to do if the microwave does not heat, but it works, and pay attention to common breakdowns.
Often there are no breakdowns in the microwave or they are insignificant. A list of such malfunctions and their solutions are usually described on the last pages of the user manual. These are the following problems:
- The appliance is switched off during cooking, heating, and defrosting. It is necessary to check the presence of air circulation — ventilation openings may be blocked. This leads to overheating of the microwave and its protective shutdown.
- When working, there is no illumination of the internal camera. The lamp burned out.
If the microwave oven does not start the process or does not respond to control signals, you should:
- Close the appliance door. Microwave radiation can harm human health, and the protective mechanisms of the device block its operation. If the door is closed, open it and close it again.
- Turn off the startup lock. Menu items “Management” and “Startup Lock”.
- Check the power plug. The cable may be disconnected or damaged a protective automaton may have triggered.
If it is impossible to eliminate breakdowns by yourself using these methods, repairs should not carried out. This will lead to a risk of electric shock in the absence of qualifications. You should contact our company Optimus Appliance & HVAC Inc. and we will help you!
More serious microwave malfunctions
In case of more seriously malfunctions, the problem is look for in the electrical part of the device. Repairs are carry out by a qualified electrician. Such breakdowns include malfunctions:
- Magnetron. In this case, the pallet rotates, the device makes a sound, turns on the backlight, but does not create heating.
- Fuses and high-voltage diodes. The microwave oven does not respond to the power button when there is power.
Why should you call Optimus Appliance & HVAC Inc.?
If during the inspection you find a malfunction of the microwave or other serious breakdown, you should contact our specialists.
We are a licensed repair service for appliances for many global manufacturers. This is why we come to you with the necessary parts and tools to do a fast and quality repair. We arrive at your place on the requested day and repair your appliance on the very same day. Entrust your microwave to professionals and call us at +1(858)225-1715.