Let’s talk about ways to clean the oven
If your oven is not working – call us. Experts from Optimus Appliance & HVAC Inc. offer household appliance service in the fastest time possible. We arrive to the place of the breakdown on the day of your request and do all necessary diagnostics, oven repair and service. Our company works with most of global range hood manufacturers, so we have access to a large base of theoretical and practical knowledge, as well as necessary original spare parts and tools for effective repair. We work Monday through Saturday in San Diego and its suburbs.
If the walls of the oven are covered with fat, which burns and stinks every time it is turned on, and a brown plaque has formed on the door, do not panic. We will help you easily and quickly return the pristine purity of the oven.
Basic rules for the care of the oven
- The more often, the easier. If the inner surface of the oven is wiped after each cooking, and once a week-one and a half to steam the oven with water with detergent, there is practically no need to arrange global cleaning. To make the dirt give in better, warm up the oven a little by turning it on at 130 °F for 15-20 minutes.
- Immediately before cleaning, remove the baking trays, remove the side guides. If the design allows, also remove the door and windows. All this is more convenient to wash separately.
- Do not use abrasive sponges and metal scrapers. Wiping off the fat with them, you can damage the enamel of the oven. It is better to work with a sponge or a soft cloth.
- Never apply cleaning agent, especially chemical, to the fan and heating elements of the oven.
- After cleaning, leave the oven door open for a couple of hours so that it dries out and foreign odors disappear.
How to clean the oven with baking soda
Soda copes well with fresh dirt and removes brown plaque from heat-resistant glass. On the basis of soda, you can prepare a paste for cleaning the oven or act easier. Apply baking soda to the walls of the oven (you can do this with a damp sponge). Sprinkle them a little with water from a spray bottle and leave for 60 minutes. After an hour, wash the oven with a sponge soaked in soap solution and wipe dry with paper towels.
How to clean the oven with salt
Salt is an affordable remedy that is best used immediately after cooking. Sodium chloride, when heated, makes the greasy plaque loose, which means it will be easier for you to wash off the dirt. Scatter the salt on horizontal surfaces (baking sheets, bottom) until the oven has cooled down, and leave for half an hour. If the cabinet has cooled down, turn on the heating (≈200 °F). When the salt turns golden, turn off the oven. When the temperature drops, thoroughly wash all surfaces with warm soapy water. At the end, wipe everything with paper towels.
Why should you call Optimus Appliance & HVAC Inc.?
We are a licensed repair service for appliances for many global manufacturers. Which is why we come to you with necessary parts and tools to do a fast and quality repair. We arrive to your place on the request day and repair your appliance on the same day. Entrust your dryer to professionals and call us at +1(858)225-1715.